Monday, September 22, 2008

Founders Day & Gavin gets a Shot

Founder's Day

We had a blast at Founder's day! We always do! But this year we were welcomed with the presence of the Kartchner Family! We absolutely love them. To start it off we went to the parade. Steven had a blast stealing candy from the little ones. Thats how Gavin got so much candy. Poor kid wasnt even aloud to pick one single candy up because by the time he realized there was a candy and would reach for it Steven was already putting it in the bag. And poor Ryan had to move to the other side to get some. After the parade we took a long break at grandma's house and by 6 we were on the go again. Gavin loved riding all the rides. My mom and grandma had taken him on Thursday and of course my mom came home saying "You've got a dare-devil on Ur hands". He wanted to ride the Farris wheel. She didn't know if he shouldn't since he would be riding with Deven and Mackenzie. Def not a good idea but of course the first thing I said Thursday when we went to watch Mackenzie sing was "he is not riding the Farris wheel. I forbid it". Well guess what Gavin rode as soon as we got there Saturday?? the Farris wheel! I was scared out of my mind! I wanted to cry and of course there was aunt Beth next to me laughing cuz I was freakin out(thanks hahaha). After that i was fine with him riding it. It was def a first time mom thing. I think Gavin rode every ride except for the ones he wasnt tall enough to ride. He def had a blast and so did Steven. I on the other hand was kinda bored. I thought that I was gonna have Aiden but grandma wanted to watch him of course that wasnt a problem for me. I need a break every now and then. I def enjoyed watching Gavin ride the rides but I wish that I had been able to ride them with him.

After about 3 hours of non-stop riding of the rides we finally took a min to sit down and watch the fireworks. Ok last year we sat on the bleachers and had a great view so when aunt Beth asked me where to meet up I said the bleachers by the fence. When I went to look for my mom we couldnt find her anywhere so I called her. She told me she was by the porter-potties so we ran over there and found Mackenzie and Jannica sitting right in front of the porter-potties. I told my mom that Aunt Beth was sitting on the bleachers so we should probably go over there. Mackenzie and Jannica didnt want to move so we ended up watching the fireworks in front of the porter-potties. It was a great moment. Def one of the best places I have ever seen fireworks from. So after the fireworks everyone but Steven, Gavin, Mackenzie, Jannica, my mom, and I left so i took Kristina's armband so i could ride some rides with Gavin. We went to ride a ride and while on it Gavin totally feel asleep. We started to leave but my mom said she would carry Gavin while we rode rides with Mackenzie and Jannica. We rode like 2 rides and wanted to ride the swings, then the twist-a-whirl, and then play the fish game then we would go home. We waited for the ride to be over so we could get on and when it was over they started letting people in and he stopped it at us and there was 5 of us and we werent gonna ride unless all of us got to ride. well there were 4 seats left so we let the 3 girls behind us go in front of us and the guy started the ride. We waited again for the ride to stop and were totally excited to ride it and when it was over the guy let everyone get off and came over to us (and there were still a lot of people behind us) and said "that was it. This is closed". It was 10:53. so we were pretty bummed so we ran over to the twist-a-whirl and waited for like 2 mins and they told everyone that it was closed. 5 mins before closing time and they close all the rides. how lame!!! i was sooo mad!! I wanted to yell at the swing guy. i mean why make us wait that long then tell us that it was closed. And why not tell us this was the last time and make us give up our seats when I couldve just sat out and watched. stupid fair people! After being disappointed twice we went to play the fish game and won 2 fish then decided to finally go home. We were all exhausted. Steven feel asleep as soon as he hit the bed. what a fun day!

Gavin's shot

So Gavin got his 2nd part of the Hep B shot. That was def fun too. We went to the Health Department and come to find out Medicaid didnt pay for the 1st Hep B and wouldnt so we had to pay for those...there goes our gas money. By they way never get Medicaid! Its awful!!!! So we were on our way and I kept askin Gavin if he wanted to go get a shot. He always answered "ya". It was kinda funny. So we finally go in and hes all excited until the lady starts telling me to grab his arm and hold his feet with my legs and he freaks. Then he sees the needle and "pinch" he screams but he does really well. While we were waiting for the nurse to put it in the system she lays the needle on the desk where he can see it and he freaks again. Poor thing! I hate it so much. but at least we are done with him until he's 4! But he def had it good after. Since he did such a good job I told him he could have french-fries and he said "And choc milk?". So we went to McDonald's to get french-fries and choc milk. We also let him stay and play in the little play area and that totally made him tired. Again what another fun day!!

2 comments:

vicki gardner said...

Melissa, check into that Medicaide thing. I got it with Scott and since Steven is not working and you probably don't make that much.You need to go the Human Detp of Health Welfare. DO NOT be to proud. You should be able to qualify for food stamps and AFDC checks and medicaide.
grandma vicki saying,
don't give up

The Curlee Family said...

I hated getting Deven his shots. For his first one, Deven, me, and D.O.G cried all in sync on the bed. D cried because of the shot, I cried because I took him somewhere that made him cry and I was convinced he'd never forgive me, and D.O.G. cried because, even to this day, he cries everytime D does.